5 Great Exercises For Building 6-Packs
There are plenty of recommendations for the right exercises to build a 6-pack.
The experts, though, agree on a handful of exercises that seem to be the most effective. By especially doing the 5 exercises that you will learn about, in a moment, in combination with a proper diet and cardiovascular exercises you should be able to build the 6-pack you have always dreamed of.
The following exercises should be done with proper form and breathing to get the most from the exercise and to avoid injury. You should try to do as many repetitions as you can until exhausting your muscles, meaning until you can not do anymore. You should do them in sets of 15 or 20 with a 30 second rest in between.
Also important- Do the movements slow and stay focused.
OK so here goes. Put these exercises in your regime and you will start to see a difference in no time:
- 1. Reverse crunch. For this exercise you lay on the floor with your knees bent. Lift your hips up towards your ribs and then return them to the floor.
- 2. Bent-elbow plank. Lay on your stomach on the floor and lift yourself up onto your toes and forearms. Hold this for 5 seconds and release.
- 3. Bicycle. Lay on your back with your legs bent and in the air. Move your legs as if riding a bicycle.
- 4. Crunches. This is the classic sit up. Lay on your back and bring your chin towards your chest.
- 5. Crossover twist crunch. Place one foot on the opposite knee. Curl shoulders off floor and twist body so elbow touches knee. Pause at the top and lower slowly - repeat on opposite side.
It is very important during all of these exercises that you are aware of the muscles you are working.
You should feel the exercises and know when you have reached exhaustion. If you are not feeling anything then chances are your form is wrong and you should consult a professional for the proper way to do the exercises.
These are simple exercises which require the use of no equipment. There are plenty of abdominal machines that can assist you in exercising as well.
These machines, though, are usually based upon these basic exercises. The idea of a machine is to ensure proper form, so you can use a machine if you feel you need the extra help keeping the proper form.
If you use a machine, though, you must ensure you are using it correctly and that you are maintaining a slow and steady pace.
Howver if you put these exercises in your work out either at the gym or at home you should start to see a real change within 10-12 weeks.
All the best
Manny Wilks is a personal trainer and has plenty of other tips and short cuts that you can use to produce the perfect six pack now! Go to Get A Six Pack to learn more!